Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

Day1 yoga teacher training course, Rishikesh, India

Finally after a lot of hunting for almost three days I found a brilliant teacher and a school for learning yoga an acquiring a yoga teacher's course certification. Thankfully I managed to skip the many fraudulent and indecent yoga teachers here in Rishikesh, who in the name of yoga are doing many illegal and frivolous activities. All thanks to this local guy, Himanshu, who helped me find exactly what I was looking for. A sensible, good teacher with a good experience. 

A snap of beautiful serene Rishikesh. Teacher Surinder before taking me in his class asked me WHY RISHIKESH. Look at the picture below. WHY NOT RISHIKESH.



My teachers name is Surinder and his experience sounded pretty similar to mine. An unexpected sudden rise at the corporate level, leading to increased stress levels which made him burn out n he quit the corporate world. Sounds a lot like mine own. Looking back, I don't regret one bit of it. My past one year has been everything I could ever ask for. It's been fantastic to say the least. And best my love for traveling lead me to yoga, which I can see will soon become my life.

Teacher Surinder doing a head stand. Oops you cant see his face :D


It's amazing to think how I never did it before in spite of wanting to do it for almost 6/7 years. Infact there were times when I felt that I was born in India just to gain this experience. And now, when there are barely three months left for me to shift to Netherlands and join my boyfriend there, I finally find my way to Rishikesh, the yoga capital of the world, and come across a yoga teacher suggested by lonely planet. Not only this, I was lucky enough to land up at the doorstep just the very day the lessons were about to start.

A selfie taken just before leaving home, Delhi for Rishikesh. I was just so happy that I was escaping Delhi.




So today starts my yoga journey. I am sure it's going to be a fantastic fulfilled journey, exactly the way I want my life to be. 



Day 1 of yoga teacher training class ends. Looking forward to tomorrow. Happiness to all !

No comments:

Post a Comment